Tag: 爱上海419

Almost 4,000 turn out in Letterkenny after midnight to welcome Sam

Almost 4,000 turn out in Letterkenny after midnight to welcome Sam

first_img Twitter Twitter Almost 4,000 turn out in Letterkenny after midnight to welcome Sam Previous articleDonegal IFA call on Government to maintain farm schemes in budgetNext articleJudge pays tribute to Yvonne and Jim McGuinness on All Ireland success News Highland Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Google+ PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Pinterest Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR By News Highland – September 26, 2012 Google+center_img WhatsApp WhatsApp Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Facebook Almost 4,000 people turned out in Letterkenny in the early hours of this morning to greet the victorious Donegal All-Ireland winning football team.The panel didn’t reach Letterkenny until 1240am – over four hours behind schedule.And the proposed visit to Glenswilly, the home of captain Michael Murphy, was postponed.Meanwhile the schedule for todays tour is as follows – Termon 13.00; Downings 13.45; Naomh Mícheál 14.30; Falcarragh 15.15; Gaoth Dobhair 16.00; Maomh Muire 18.00; Dungloe 18.45; Na Rossa 19.30; Glenties 20.15It must be remembered that these times were released yesterday and are subject to change, we will let you know of any changes throughout today. Pinterest News Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republiclast_img read more

Bombers roll out red carpet on Junior Basketball Tourney at the Hangar

Bombers roll out red carpet on Junior Basketball Tourney at the Hangar

first_imgThe tournament is divided into two pools of three teams playing a round robin draw to determine playoff seedings. The top four teams advance into the playoff round.Games begin Friday with the final set for 5 p.m. Saturday at the LVR Hangar. The L.V. Rogers Bombers take to the floor this weekend for the annual Junior Boy’s Basketball Tournament beginning Friday at the Hangar.The Bombers welcome teams from Grand Forks, J. Lloyd Crowe in Trail, Mount Sentinel, Nakusp and Stanley Humphries Rockers of Castlegar.last_img read more

Tax season off to a flying start

Tax season off to a flying start

first_img1 July 2014The South African Revenue Service (Sars) received more than 50 000 returns in less than 12 hours as the country’s 2014 tax season got under way on Tuesday.Addressing a media briefing in Pretoria, Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene said 14 000 Sars officials would be deployed at strategic points across the country to make the filing process easier for people. Temporary service points will also be set up to help people submit their returns.“As of today, nine fully equipped mobile tax units are being deployed to remote areas throughout the country,” Nene said. “In 2013, the mobile tax units engaged with more than 752 000 individuals through awareness, tax education campaigns and the filing of returns across the country.”Sars has also opened six new branch offices in the past three years in order to ensure that people are able to submit their tax returns. A refurbished Sars branch office was opened in Mthata in the Eastern Cape just last week, while a second branch office opened its doors in Soweto, at Bara Mall.Warning to would-be fraudstersNene said officials would be on the lookout for fraudulent tax returns.“We would like to warn those who will be submitting fraudulent tax returns that we are on the lookout for them,” he said, adding that Sars had improved its ability to verify taxpayer information through third-party data.“We advise taxpayers that Sars will in particular focus on medical aid claims, retirement fund contributions, income protection policy contributors and tax payers who submit revised returns for previous years.”‘Avoid unregistered tax practitioners’Sars Acting Commissioner Ivan Pillay advised people to check the credibility of tax practitioners, and to ensure that they are registered, before making use of their services.According to Pillay, only around 11 000 of the 38 000 tax practitioners in the country are accredited, giving them the right to complete and submit tax returns on behalf of their clients.Taxpayers who are concerned about getting scammed through e-mails or SMSes can call the fraud and anti-corruption hotline on 0800 00 2870 or the Sars contact centre on 0800 00 7277.The deadline for manual submission of returns is 26 September, for all non-provisional taxpayers is 21 November, and for provisional taxpayers using e-filing is 30 January.Source: SAnews.gov.zalast_img read more

Jones facing discipline, questions after failed drug test

Jones facing discipline, questions after failed drug test

first_imgLIST: Class, gov’t work suspensions during 30th SEA Games UFC President Dana White said Wednesday that the promotion likely won’t know for several weeks whether the test results will be confirmed after an examination of Jones’ backup sample. Any potential discipline must wait until after the adjudication process afforded to every fighter.But unless some extraordinary reason surfaces for Jones’ latest failed test, the man widely considered the world’s best pound-for-pound fighter is facing another lengthy absence during his prime.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“At this point, who (cares) what I think? He’s done enough damage to himself,” White said while promoting Conor McGregor’s boxing showdown with Floyd Mayweather this weekend.“His dad said it: Jon is his own worst enemy,” White added. “Boy, is that true. But sitting here today, it’s not over yet. He’s got to go through the process. Maybe there was something crazy that happened for this stuff to get into his system, so I don’t know.” Jones has been provisionally suspended by USADA, which administers the UFC’s anti-drug policy. The California State Athletic Commission also has jurisdiction over Jones, who regained his light heavyweight title July 29 with a third-round stoppage of Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 in Anaheim. He failed a test conducted on a sample collected one day before the bout.“If this holds up, and he ends up getting (a suspension of) two, three (years), it’s probably the end of his career,” White said.Under its privacy rules, USADA won’t announce the substance for which Jones tested positive unless the fighter divulges it.Jones’ agent, Malki Kawa, appeared on “The MMA Hour” podcast later Wednesday and said the fighter was told he had tested positive for turinabol, an anabolic steroid. Kawa said Jones passed two tests earlier in July, and the fighter is wondering whether he took a tainted nutritional supplement in the weeks before the bout.Kawa posted a strident defense of his client on Facebook on Wednesday.ADVERTISEMENT Read Next MOST READ Jon Jones reacts after knocking out Daniel Cormier during UFC 214 in Anaheim, Calif., Saturday July, 29, 2017. (Hans Gutknecht /Los Angeles Daily News via AP)LAS VEGAS, Nevada—Jon Jones will need an awfully good explanation for the latest major setback in his checkered mixed martial arts career.Jones could be facing a multiyear suspension after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency notified the UFC light heavyweight champion of a potential violation of the promotion’s anti-doping policy.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Mayweather-McGregor winner to get gaudy Money Belt from WBC UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnessescenter_img Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games SEA Games: PH’s Alisson Perticheto tops ice skating short program LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief “We’ve got a lot of problems if this turns out to be true, but they aren’t problems compared to what Jon has,” White said. “The list goes on and on of what could have been with Jon Jones.” WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding View comments “I know how hard he worked to get back to where he’s at,” Kawa wrote. “This is definitely heartbreaking. He (definitely) didn’t cheat or use steroids. But I’m with him more now than the night he won the belt.”Jones hasn’t publicly commented on the third failed test of his career.He tested positive for cocaine in 2015, later publicly acknowledging he had used the drug. He then received a yearlong suspension in 2016 for what he claimed was a sexual enhancement pill. His fight against Cormier was his first since that suspension ended.Penalties are compounded for multiple failed tests, and a multiyear suspension would leave the UFC without one of its rising pay-per-view draws. Jones’ bad-boy image actually appears to have made him more marketable for the UFC, which has a current dearth of pay-per-view stars.Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey, McGregor and Georges St. Pierre are all in various stages of retirement, comebacks or more lucrative side jobs, with only St. Pierre currently scheduled for an MMA fight.Jones’ mistake also throws two weight classes into upheaval.White said Cormier is likely to regain the UFC light heavyweight title, which he held twice after Jones was stripped of the belt for his first two failed tests. Cormier also reigned atop the division while Jones was sidelined following his arrest over a hit-and-run accident.Cormier has never lost to anyone but Jones, but the good-natured star will be in the same awkward position in which he found himself during Jones’ previous forced absence.And Jones appeared to be ready to make an impact on the UFC heavyweight division. White had been talking to Jones’ camp about matching him with heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic in Detroit later this year in what would have been a blockbuster pay-per-view matchup.Instead, Miocic must find a new opponent for his belt — and any matchup that the UFC can make will be less intriguing than a showdown with Jones.last_img read more

Round 4: Pacquiao trying to retaliate, Horn bloodied

Round 4: Pacquiao trying to retaliate, Horn bloodied

first_imgChina furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong LATEST STORIES Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines, left, clinches with Jeff Horn of Australia, during their WBO World Welterweight title fight in Brisbane, Australia, Sunday, July 2, 2017. APStraight right by Jeff Horn and that puts Manny Pacquiao on the ropes.But Pacquiao connects with a left.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Round 3: Fighters engaging phone book style Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena Horn with the takedown.And Horn connects and that wakes up Pacquiao.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsHorn lands the uppercut and it seems he still has control of the fight but the Aussie has sustained a cut on the forehead. What ‘missteps’? Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekendlast_img read more

a month agoHummels on Man Utd target Sancho: He’d walk into any team in the world

a month agoHummels on Man Utd target Sancho: He’d walk into any team in the world

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Hummels on Man Utd target Sancho: He’d walk into any team in the worldby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveMats Hummels is full of praise for Borussia Dortmund teammate Jadon Sancho.The England winger is being linked with Manchester United.”I could imagine him in just about any team in the world,” Hummels told Bild.”Although he’s not mature yet, Jadon is already an outstanding footballer. His one-on-one, the pace. He loves to prepare goals.”He is an absolute weapon that even has potential for improvement.” last_img read more

Fluoride content in Gurugrams groundwater rose by 17 per cent

Fluoride content in Gurugrams groundwater rose by 17 per cent

first_imgGurugram: Data released by the district public health engineering department (PHED) has stated that the concentration of fluoride in groundwater in Gurugram rose by 17 per cent between 2016 and 2018. Fluoride concentration in Gurugram’s groundwater in 2016 was recorded at 4.7 milligrams per litre (mg/litre). This number rose to 5.5 mg/litre in 2018. Such a high concentration of fluoride can lead to several health problems, particularly oral health issues such as dental fluorosis. While it causes discolouration in the initial stages, severe fluorosis can lead to permanent physical damage to teeth. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderAccording to a report, doctors practising in these areas have asserted that the fluoride concentration in water has led to a noticeable rise in cases of oral health problems, particularly among children and young adults. Impure drinking water and presence of a large number of minerals in the groundwater reserves seem to be a major concern in districts of South Haryana. The worse impact of this is being felt in the Mewat region where a large number of cancer cases is being reported due to consumption of contaminated water. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsThis issue was recently raised in the budget session of Haryana Vidhan Sabha. Speaking on the issue, Haryana Chief Minister ML Khattar advocated the formation of the committee of Southern Haryana districts led by Gurugram and Faridabad to deal with the challenge. Medical experts highlight over 30 per cent of the diarrhoea cases in the city were due to consumption of contaminated food and water. Worryingly, there was a large number of minors and infants who were affected by the disease. The seriousness of the situation came to the fore when more than 20 patients from Om Vihar suffering from diarrhoea registered themselves for treatment in the Civil hospital in 2018, on a single day. A 20-year-old died due to the disease. There have been cases in the past where water samples collected by public agencies in posh areas of the city have contained a huge amount of toxic minerals.last_img read more

WhatsApp renames tweaks feature to ignore archives

WhatsApp renames tweaks feature to ignore archives

first_imgSan Francisco: Facebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp is still developing its previously announced “Vacation Mode”, but has changed its name to “Ignore Archived Chats” and added certain tweaks to its functionality. As part of the further development of this feature, WhatsApp’s beta version for Android 2.19.101 shows that the “Ignore Archived Chats” feature would prevent the archived messages from coming on top of the chat if new messages on the chat arrived, WABetaInfo reported on Thursday. Currently, an archived chat automatically unarchives once a new message is recieved on that chat. Announced last October, the old test feature “Vacation Mode” prevented chats from getting unarchived only if the chat were muted. The instant messaging app is also working on also presenting a new “Archived” cell in the main Chats tab, that would appear on sliding down the chat list. Details about the official roll-out of the feature remain unknown. Lately, the messaging app has been testing and adding a plethora of new features for its over 1.5 billion global users. Recently, the app started allowing users to choose a total of 30 audio files to send at once. The platform is also testing the “Forwarding Info” and “Frequently Forwarded Message” feature to check the spread of misinformation on its platform. The app is also working on the much-awaited iPad support.last_img read more

Anger as Malaysian cleared of murdering Indonesian maid

Anger as Malaysian cleared of murdering Indonesian maid

first_imgKuala Lumpur: A Malaysian woman has reportedly been cleared of murdering her Indonesian maid, who was allegedly tortured and forced to sleep outside with a dog, with activists Monday criticising the “shocking” decision. Adelina Sau died in February last year after being found outside her employer’s home on the northern Malaysian island of Penang, with her head and face swollen and covered in wounds. Many Indonesian maids work in more affluent Malaysia and tales of abuse are common, but the horrific nature of Sau’s case generated headlines and sparked diplomatic tensions between the neighbours. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from USHer employer, S. Ambika, was charged with murder — an offence that carries a mandatory death sentence in Malaysia — shortly after the 21-year-old was rescued and died in hospital. But the High Court in Penang dropped the murder charge against her last week, local media reported, without saying why. Prominent Malaysian human rights lawyer Eric Paulsen called the decision “shocking and unacceptable”. “This was one of the most public and harrowing abuse cases ever recorded and yet the attorney-general’s chambers somehow saw fit to drop the charge,” Paulsen, a member of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights, told AFP. Also Read – Record number of 35 candidates in fray for SL Presidential pollsSteven Sim, an MP from the area where Sau died, said the court decision was “as tragic as the death of Adelina”. Sim said he had contacted the attorney-general, Tommy Thomas, who had vowed to look into the case. In Indonesia, Wahyu Susilo, executive director of NGO Migrant Care, condemned the acquittal and described it as “far from justice”. He said the employer may have been cleared due to a failure to get key witnesses, such as Sau’s parents, to testify at the trial, and called on Jakarta to lodge a protest. Her murder caused anger in Indonesia, with the foreign minister branding it unacceptable. Allegations of maid abuse, ranging from overwork to beatings and sex attacks, are a regular diplomatic flashpoint between the Southeast Asian neighbours.last_img read more